Monday, September 15, 2008

An Introduction

Welcome!

I have a secret to share with you. I have been an avid vegetable eater for 30 years. And I have found out the incredible health benefits of a diet rich in vegetables. Among the benefits include lower blood pressure, reduced risk of heart disease, stroke, and probably some cancers; lower risk of eye and digestive problems; and a mellowing effect on blood sugar that can help keep appetite in check.

I always choose to eat more vegetables and fruits. I usually go for dark green, yellow, orange and red color and variety. My target is at least nine servings of vegetables and fruits a day. I go for a variety of kinds and colors in order for me to have a mix of nutrients I need.

1 comment:

Pearl said...

Hi there! Are you a vegetarian? In general, more color in the veggies and fruits, more antioxidants!:-)